Who hasn’t purchased from (or at least heard of) Amazon.com? It’s one of the most profitable, successful ecommerce sites in the world. More importantly, the site is now providing an opportunity for YOU to monetize your expertise, attract new clients and customers and create massive visibility for your work.
This week, I’m interviewing my friend, Kathleen Gage, The Street Smarts Marketer, on her insider tips to making your first Kindle product a best-seller overnight. Click the PLAY button to listen to the audio now!
Here’s the nitty gritty:
Why consider publishing on Kindle:
- Free apps make your content available on any device you have.
- It’s another way to get your products to market.
- Millions of books are going up every single day. You can publish checklists, white papers, ebooks, etc. Really any electronically formatted document.
- It’s another way to serve your market, build credibility expert status, and reach more buyers.
- Kathleen recently gave away one of her products, and did a campaign to her list to drive traffic to the product, and had over 1K people download it. She included a link with in the product to opt-in for her list , so she attracted new subscribers as well.
- One woman started selling a $0.99 version of her novel and has sold $2-4mil worth of the product over the last few years.
How to get started:
- Start with a piece of content you already have. Something you haven’t used in a while.
- Go to Kindle uploads – https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin
- Open an account (NOTE: You can use your existing Amazon.com account.)
- Format your books to the specifications provided. You decide on the price point. It takes about 10 minutes to fill out the form, and load your book.
- It takes about 2 days for your product to be live in the store.
- Insider tip: Don’t over price your product! Think through your strategy before you do this. If you keep the price low, you’ll get more takers and you can upsell customers to other products and services on the back end.
How to promote and monetize:
- Send out a note to your list, post an article on your blog, talk about it on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Offer a bonus teleseminar on the topic to increase sales and customer engagement.
- Give the product away for free and then sell something else inside the product.
- Kathleen is generously sharing her expertise on this topic in a step-by-step training that includes training videos, learning guides, transcripts and audios.
- Get your copy at: http://smartsimplemarketing.com/recommends/amazon-kindle
About Kathleen Gage:
Kathleen Gage works with consciously focused speakers, authors, coaches and consultants helping them to build six figure businesses by packaging their knowledge so they can reach more of their market, impact positive change and create multiple streams of revenue. To give you a bit of an idea of who Kathleen is, she has been involved in the world of online marketing for well over a decade. In that time she has created dozens of ebased products, written bestselling books and trained tens of thousands of people around the globe – all from the comfort of her home office. She is the go to person to learn how to make money with teleseminars, webinars, books, ebooks, and other information products. Her most recent area of focus is with fixed termed continuity programs that allow for ongoing revenue month after month. Oh yes, there’s one more thing. Kathleen only teaches a program after she has successfully generated well over six figures with the topic.