Simply click on the picture to watch my video tips for you:
Take Action Notes:
- To become known as the “go to” person for your ideal prospects, you have to show up EVERYWHERE.
- Networking is a big part of creating massive visibility. But networking is NOT about selling yourself or going to chamber mixers.
- Make networking fun by attending the events where your target market hangs out (such as a home & garden show, a car show, food and wine events – think outside the box).
- Be friendly, be approachable and relax!
- Get involved in the organizations gathering your people. Volunteer to be a greeter. Join a committee. Help plan an event.
- Another way to create visibility and credibility is to offer to contribute content. You can write an article for a newsletter or blog. Offer to help manage their social media presence. Whatever you can do to contribute (with attribution to your site of course)!
- Look for speaking opportunities. You can offer to do a 5 minute presentation, a teleseminar or a webinar. You could even introduce a keynote speaker or participate on a panel.
- Whatever you do, make sure you set aside time to follow up with ALL new contacts to deepen new relationships and learn more about the people you’ve met. Remember, your fortune is in the follow up! That’s where the magic happens and you turn connections into clients.