Doesn’t it feel great to pass along the word about your favorite restaurant or tell someone about a terrific book you can read? You can make it easy for your clients to do the same for your spa and salon services. When you create a VIP experience for your clients, they are just as excited to tell others about you.
Creating a referral based business, where you’re consistently getting leads from your current clients, has multiple benefits. It helps cut down your marketing time and costs, it gives you more opportunities to provide great service and can help you grow your business at lightening.
Here are five PROVEN steps to use to create the type of business that people love to rave about!
- Be worth of referring – Always do your best! This doesn’t mean that you have to be perfect. But it does mean that you need to give your very best effort and deliver on what you promise… on time! Under promise and over deliver at every opportunity that you can.
- Ask for referrals – Don’t worry if you feel intimidated! Asking your existing and past clients to introduce you to those in their family members, friends and colleagues is a perfectly acceptable way to grow your business. This is simple to do when a client has just commented on the excellent quality of your work.
- Educate your audience on how to refer you – It’s easier for your contacts to refer to you when they know exactly what you are looking for. Give specific and relatable examples. For example, “We just introduced a new skin care that caters to folks with [A SPECIFIC SKIN CONDITION] and are looking to help them”. Provide terms and problems they should be looking for so they know when to present your services.
- Systematize your efforts – Send out a monthly mailing to your past and present clients to let them know what’s new in your business. Invite them to share the news with others. Be sure to promptly follow up on any leads you receive (within 48 hours). Keep track of your leads and check-in regularly with prospects.
- Offer a gracious and generous thank you to anyone who refers business to you. Show your appreciation by promptly sending a thank you card and a gift. Whether it’s a gift card, a delivery of flowers or another gift of your choice, make the time and extend the effort to let that person know how much you appreciate their confidence in your services.
By implementing these five steps, you’ll be able to create a solid stream of referrals and create more profits and more success in your business!