I don’t know a single entrepreneur who isn’t busy and on the go these days. Folks who are struggling to grow their business often lament that they don’t market like they should because they don’t have enough time.
But the truth is we are each allocated the same amount of time each day, we just have to choose how we’re going to spend it. This means that you need to make the most out of every moment. Don’t make excuses about what you can’t do. Instead, focus on what you CAN do. NO ONE is too busy to market and today’s technology makes it easier than ever before to stay in touch with your audience while you’re out and about.
If you have a Smartphone (or a tablet like an iPad), I’ve got good news for you! There are dozens of apps that are designed to help you run your business from anywhere. Here are a few apps that I have found particularly helpful:
- WordPress App – If you have an iPhone or a Droid and a WordPress based website or blog you can install this FREE app to give you complete access to your website and blog. Using this app and the extra time you have between appointments or waiting in line you can respond to your blog comments, update a page on your website, publish a new blog post and more.
- HootSuite App – This popular social media management tool comes with its own free app. With HootSuite, you can manage your Twitter account, lists and search streams from your phone. It can also be used to update your Facebook personal profile, Facebook business or fan pages and check in at FourSquare. It’s the ultimate social media manager for your busy life! I love being able to update everything from one app.
- Evernote – If you’ve ever gotten a great idea for a new program or blog post while in line at the grocery store, this is the app for you. Evernote acts like an external brain that you can use to take notes, record voice memos, save pictures and more. This free app works with Android and iOs phones and can sync with Evernote on your computer. You can use it for everything from shopping lists to strategic plans for your fourth quarter growth.
I’ve also found these two functions on my Smartphone to be extremely helpful:
- Video – Very few people think of the video on their Smartphone as a business tool, but it is! My iPhone’s video camera is amazing and allows me to upload high quality video right to my YouTube account. From there, I can post the videos to my blog and share them across my social media profiles
- Audio – Most Smartphones have an audio recording function – so put it to good use! You can record voice memos, interviews, ideas and podcasts using the voice memo app in your phone. Try Voice Recorder or Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder for your Android phone or Audio Memos or iTalk Recorder for your iPhone.
With these tools, you don’t have any excuses for not marketing your business! I know you’re busy. I know you also want to generate more profits for your business. Let’s make that happen!
Load up your Smartphone with time saving tools and take advantage of all the “dead” time you have each day (like when you’re waiting for an appointment, in between meetings or en-route to meet someone). You’ll be glad you did as you start creating more visibility for your business, attracting more leads and making more money!
Your Take Action Plan for This Week:
- Load up your mobile device! No matter what type of phone or tablet that you have, you can find apps that will help you market your business and collect ideas while you’re on the move.
- Watch out for “dead time” during your day and while you’re traveling. Ask yourself “How can I best use this time to build my business?”
- Make the commitment to implement ONE tip you learned in this week’s article. Then post a note on the blog and let me know which tip you selected and how it turned out for you.