Engagement Matters Episode 31: One of the best ways to improve your business is to eliminate your mental space of all self-imposed roadblocks. Do you suffer from lack of action because you are fearful. You may have fear of failure, fear of mistakes or even fear of success! You can avoid this by applying the 3 steps mention in this video.
I often see entrepreneurs looking at their proverbial glass as half empty instead of half full. They might say:
- If I only had the connections that person has…
- If I only had the experience that person has…
- If I only had the personality that person has…
The list could go on and on. This type of thinking can sabotage a person in many ways, but perhaps the most critical is that it can cause you to overlook priceless opportunities that are available right in front of you.
Instead of focusing what you don’t have, focus on what you DO have.
- What connections DO you have?
- What experience DO you have?
- What elements of your personality DO serve you well?
After you’ve taken inventory of your assets, start considering how you can leverage those and what opportunities you can create as a result. Read more about How to Avoid Missing Out On the Exact Opporunities You’re Looking For
Last week, I shared with you a few tips for tapping into your unstoppable potential. One reason you may have struggled with this in the past is due to a lack of confidence.
Feeling hesitant about what you’re trying to accomplish affects all of us at one time or another. If you’re ready to own your value and create more success in your business, it’s time to move away from “I don’t know if I can do this…” to “This is what I’m going to accomplish!”
Shifting your mindset starts with making a decision to do things differently. For example, if you are used to focusing on all of the things you “can’t do,” “don’t deserve” or feel unsure about, you’ll want to make a conscious decision to re-train how to talk to and about yourself. Start replacing those negative comments with statements such as, “I can do this. I can create my own success. I deserve to be successful! I will be successful!” Read more about Develop rock Solid Confidence In Your Ability To Succeed
So often, it isn’t a lack of knowledge that prevents service professionals from achieving their business and marketing goals.
Instead, a lack of focus and motivation are more often the culprits. You may be a person who knows exactly what you need to be doing. You possess the knowledge, but not enough confidence in your ability to make it happen and succeed as an entrepreneur.
Throughout the many small business communities that I belong to (both online and offline), I often see a LOT of untapped potential. I see service professionals who have the potential to command top dollar for their work, to create businesses that truly give them the flexible schedule they crave and work only with clients who respect them and value their contributions. I see this in them, but many times, they just can’t see it for themselves.
“WHY is that,” you may ask? Read more about Tap Into Your Unstoppable Potential (Yes, you do have it!)
Building a business is a fantastic and challenging experience. You can wake up exhilarated to begin your day and go to bed feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. The key to success is to maintain a positive “yes, I can do it” mindset.
Easier said than done, right? Here are 5 keys to help you create and sustain a positive mindset so you attain the success you desire: Read more about 5 Powerful Strategies for Creating a Powerful Mindset
Your “Take Action” Plan for This Week:
- Define what success means to you. How much do you work and with whom? What is your weekly/monthly/annual revenue? What does your personal life look like? The more specific you are the easier it will be to create this reality. (YES, you DO deserve this. 🙂
- Do an honest self-evaluation and determine what adjustments you need to make in your mindset and habits. Do you need to switch from an “I could never…” attitude to a “This is what I’m going to do…” approach? Do you need to get organized? Be more efficient? Be honest?
- Consider how you can adjust your business model so that you serve your clients, do your best work AND support your lifestyle. Open your mind to the possibilities and don’t sensor yourself. (If you want some help brainstorming idea, I’d be happy to help you. Just let me know.)
- Review your weekly activities to see where your infrastructure needs improvement. Are your systems M.I.A. or out of date? Make a list of what needs to be upgraded and then commit to focusing on key areas in a specific time frame (such as one per week or one per month)
- Based on the activities you hate to do or aren’t good at, research options for outsourcing and building a team. Look into hiring a Virtual Assistant or an intern if you’re just starting out.
In order to grow your business and achieve your goals, you have to streamline your activities and focus your efforts. What does this look like on a practical level?
Learn to Say “No.”
It means that you’re going to have to say “no” to any nonessential activities in your business, in your personal life and in your day that are distracting you from what you need to do in your business. Read more about Is Your Business Really Your Top Priority?
Do you have a “CAN DO,” “WILL SUCCEED AT ALL COSTS” type of mindset? Is it natural for you to lead yourself towards your goals no matter what negative signals you receive from naysayers?
Your response could very well be the determining factor as to how quickly and easily you accomplish your goal of becoming a successful service professional. It’s the combination of tenacity, strategy and consistency that will allow you to create a thriving business. So whether you’ve been in business for five minutes or fifteen years, having the right mindset is a key factor in your success. [Read more…]
Networking. Perhaps you love it. Perhaps you hate it! Regardless of whichever category you fall into, it is by far one of the top marketing strategies for a small business owner. So how do you use this strategy effectively to attract more clients and create more opportunities, even if you’re not entirely comfortable with the idea of networking? Discover my proven strategies in today’s episode!