The truth is that any small business owner with any budget can implement the following 3 marketing tactics with hardly any financial investment.
The best part? These tactics are not only cost-effective, they’re the most effective ways to generate new business and keep current customers coming back.
- Increase “word-of-mouth” referrals
It’s an old adage for a reason: there really is no better marketing than word-of-mouth.
You can encourage word-of-mouth marketing by giving your customers incentives to share your brand with their friends and families.
A few examples of this include
- “Refer a friend to my class, and when they sign up I’ll send you a check for $25!”
- “For every referral that generates $100+, you’ll earn a free 90-minute massage session” ($125 value)
- “Refer a friend and get 30% off your next session!”
Notice that there is no out of pocket expense to you in any of these cases. The current customer wins big by getting a great deal or discount, and you win big by gaining a new (hopefully lifetime) customer.
- Build your customer base with (free or cheap) email marketing
When you have a strong, active email list, sending a single email can do more for your bottom line than spending hundreds on advertising.
The best part? It doesn’t cost a dime to start building your email list. You can create a free email capture form with sites like FreeContactForm.com, and begin marketing to your captured leads using Constant Contact (starting at $20/month).
With such a low-cost investment of both time and money, it’s pretty amazing that email marketing remains one of the top tools in your marketing arsenal.
- Create and publish consistent content
Consistency is one area where many small business owners and solopreneurs fall flat.
Publishing consistent content on your blog and regularly emailing your list keeps your brand at the forefront of customers’ minds.
That way, when they’re ready to buy, yours is the first business they’ll think of.
Being consistent with your marketing tactics means….
- Publishing blog posts on the same day or days each week
- Shooting, editing and posting Youtube videos every week or month
- Emailing your list regularly based on the tested frequency that works best for your brand and niche.
The key thing is to consistently market your brand and then test the results.
For instance, if emailing on Tuesdays and Fridays isn’t working, try switching to Mondays and Thursdays.
Whatever you do, do it often, and always test to make sure your efforts are gaining the desired results.
Encouraging referrals, building your email list, and being consistent are 3 (practically) free marketing tactics that will give your brand a huge boost in terms of exposure and increased conversions.
Do you use all 3 marketing tactics in your current business?
If you’re missing one, what’s been holding you back?
Share your thoughts here on the blog!