It goes without saying that to be taken seriously in the business world today, you MUST have a website.
One of the first things prospective clients will do when introduced to you and/or your brand is to “Google” you to see if what you have to offer is what they need.
You want to make sure you control that first impression by creating a website that conveys the value of the solutions you offer.
However, your website shouldn’t just be an online version of a brochure. It needs to be a true marketing tool – one that invites each visitor to build a relationship with your company, shows what problems you solve and how you solve them, and gives the visitor an opportunity to take the next step with you without a great deal of effort.
Your website should also be a tool that actually closes new business and generates revenue. Here are 5 ways to turn your website into a cash machine:
- Prequalify prospects using a web-form and an automated follow-up system. We like Gravity Forms, which is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily create forms with no technical expertise or installation required. Create your form to gather information from website visitors about their current situation and goals.Combining the intake form with a series of automated messages (you can use a tool like Aweber for this) to allow the client to setup an appointment with you or take advantage of a resource you have allows you to easily follow up with hot prospects.
- Allow clients to book appointments with you on the spot. Forget all of that back and forth communication with clients! Make it easy for them to schedule the services they need and easy for you to collect revenue using a tool like Genbook.
- Sell your products and services directly from your website. Using an ecommerce systems like NetOfficeToolbox, InfusionSoft or even PayPal. A prospective customer shouldn’t have to see you face to face to purchase one of your solutions. No matter what you sell, you can setup an online store that makes you money 24/7.
- Generate commission from selling other people’s products and services by sharing affiliate links on a “Recommended Resources” page. This is a simple and completely ethical way to generate revenue from your website. More importantly, your audience will appreciate you introducing them to products and services that make their lives easier.
- Sell advertising space on your site. It’s an excellent way to generate revenue. Here is a great article on how to get started selling advertising on your website/blog.
Use these tips to make sure that your website is a powerful engagement tool that invites visitors to contact you and purchase the valuable products or services that you offer.
You will see the power of your personal ATM when you look into your email inbox and see ** Ka-Ching $ New Sale **!
Which idea strikes you as easiest to implement first? Share your thoughts below! 🙂