Everyone wants to feel like a VIP. Booking a service at a salon or spa is one way for many people to feel special for a few hours. Use these tips to treat your clients like VIPs and they’ll keep coming back:
- Train all your staff to be friendly and welcoming to every one of your guests. Your reception staff understands this, but your custodial staff may not. To make your client feel like a VIP, she needs to feel welcomed by everyone she interacts with.
- The first interaction a client has with your salon is when she books a service. Make sure the booking process is smooth and as easy as possible for the client. Booking is your first opportunity to make your client feel like a VIP by asking good questions and showing that you understand her needs. When a guest books one of your signature services, let them know why that service is special or unique. Highlight the fact that you use an unusual technique or a high-end product.
- Make your guests feel at home. Offer them refreshments, such as specialty coffee or herbal tea while they wait for their treatment provider. Keep a pitcher of ice water with lemon or cucumber slices available for guests. Guests will feel like VIPs if you offer them something more than run of the mill tea and coffee.
- Offer packages tailored to your customers needs. Train your treatment providers to listen to their clients and their needs. Learn as much as you can about your clientele, then build packages around their lifestyles. If you have professional women as clients, offer them a package to prep for a speaking engagement or to pamper themselves on the weekend. If your clients are single, build a girls night out package. Your clients will appreciate your understanding of their needs.
- Ask for feedback from clients and take it to heart. Not only will you miss an opportunity by not listening to feedback, clients don’t like it when they don’t feel heard. You can make an unhappy customer into a returning client by hearing their feedback and addressing their concerns.
- Pay attention to the details. All your equipment should be clean and well-maintained. Shelves and product should be dusted. Train reception staff to hold the door for older clients. Clients should understand the service you will provide and be prepared for it. Don’t overlook the little things – your clients will notice!
- Give them something extra after a service. Try out free samples or gift bags at the end of a service so they can continue their pampering experience at home. Hand out tip sheets to help the client maintain the service she received. Having something unexpected to take home will make you client feel cared for and pampered.
A trip to the spa or salon is treat for many clients. Make sure they feel pampered and special throughout their experience with you. When your client feels like a VIP she’ll keep coming back and bring her friends. Which means a more profitable business for you!