In today’s inaugural episode, listen in (by clicking the PLAY button above) as I interview Tom Petty, Master-level instructor at the Search Engine Academy in the San Francisco Bay Area, on how to use online press releases to attract massive traffic to your website. Tom and I implemented this strategy last week for Smart Simple Marketing, so I wanted to share with you the details on what we did and how it worked!
- Tom and I brainstormed the topic on Monday
- Tom and I wrote the press release on Tuesday – You can see the release here: http://sydnicraighart.wpengine.com/press-release-free-weekly-marketing-solutions/
- I recorded a video on Tuesday to accompany the press release (this step is optional)
- Tom set it up for distribution on Wednesday via PRWeb. We used the $200 package, however you can still get great results with the Basic Package ($89)
- The press release was read almost 1,300 times.
- It’s #1 on Google out of 588 million search results for marketing a small business in 2012
- It’s #1 on Google out of 1.8 Billion search results for marketing a business in 2012
- It’s #6 on Google out of 608 million search results for small business marketing 2012
- Picked up by over 5,000 media outlets including:
- Boston Globe: http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read?GUID=20319010
- SF Chronicle: http://finance.sfgate.com/hearst.sfgate/news/read?GUID=20319010
- SJ Mercury News: http://markets.financialcontent.com/mng-ba.mercurynews/news/read?GUID=20319010
- Houston Chronicle: http://markets.chron.com/chron/news/read?GUID=20319010
- It had over 84,000 impressions
- Over 100 interactions (downloaded it, clicked on a link, etc.)
- Website traffic up 50% from the week prior
- Pages viewed up 45% from the week prior
- Unique blog visitors up 25% from the week prior
- 40 new website visitors (so far)
- 31 NEW email subscribers
- 19 NEW blog subscribers
- 21 video views
- For press release ideas check out this blog post:
- If you’d like Tom’s help with implementing this strategy in your business, connect with him at WSISmartSolutions.com
- If you are a “do-it-yourselfer”, check out my friend Lisa Manyon’s Online Press Release kit at: http://sydnicraighart.wpengine.com/recommends/press-release-system
For more simple and effective SEO strategies to help increase your website traffic and your profits, check out Tom’s upcoming workshop at Search Engine Academy.com.
About Tom Petty
Thomas Petty has been involved with technology since 1989 after having had a 21-year IT career at a Fortune 100 company. His background spans computer and server support, networks, data centers, web technology and software systems design and deployment.
Tom is a Master-level instructor at the Search Engine Academy in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has owned his own internet consulting business in California since 2005, and is only one of approximately 3000 Certified Usability Analysts in the world, from Human Factors International.