Blogging about your business is an excellent way to drive traffic to your website and attract high-quality leads. You can get even more mileage out of your blog posts, and create massive online visibility for your work, by re-purposing your content into other formats. This strategy will have you showing up EVERYWHERE and standing heads taller than your “competitors” (I prefer to think of them as colleagues) when a prospect goes online looking for the solutions you have to offer. Click on the play button above to listen in as Denise Wakeman, Founder of The Blog Squad, explains how!
- Every business should have a blog. It’s an educational resource that builds trust and loyalty with your target market.
- Anyone can write a blog post, it’s only 200-400 words.
- To get maximum exposure, you want to re-purpose your content into different formats to address different learning preferences.
- Here’s an example of how I’ve done this:
- Original blog post: http://sydnicraighart.wpengine.com/no-time-no-money-and-too-overwhelmed-to-market-no-problem/
- Which we turned into an audio – http://sydnicraighart.wpengine.com/how-to-market-effectively-with-a-small-budget-and-no-time-ssms-episode-41/
- And created a Powerpoint presentation – http://www.slideshare.net/sydnicraighart/how-to-market-effectively-with-a-small-budget-and-no-time
- Then a PDF – http://www.scribd.com/SydniCraigHart/d/79541662-How-to-Market-Effectively-With-a-Small-Budget-and-No-Time
- Plus a Video – http://youtu.be/0NbZhaqM0qU
- Plus we submitted to an article directory – http://ezinearticles.com/?No-Time,-No-Money-and-Too-Overwhelmed-to-Market?-No-Problem!&id=6139070
- Be sure to track comments, re-tweets (Twitter), shares, likes (Facebook). Install GA. Keep track of how you re-purpose. Often sites where you post will give you stats. Keep track in a simple spreadsheet.
- Last but not least: Create a plan, schedule time to implement your plan and WORK the plan!
- Article directories – EzineArticles.com and IdeaMarketers
- Free audio recording software – Audacity
- Audio/Video hosting software (web-based) – YouTube
- Distribute your audio (podcast) at iTunes and Podbean
- Create a presentation document with Powerpoint, Open Office, and Google Doc
- Sample online visibility plan – http://denisewakeman.com/plan
Get Denise’s Help!
Viral Blogging System – A comprehensive toolkit to walk you through this strategy, step by step.
Boost Your Visibility – FREE 7 day eCourse
About Denise Wakeman
Denise Wakeman is an Online Visibility Expert and Founder of The Blog Squad. She works with service professionals and small business owners to leverage blogs for their business, as well as strategically use social media tools to boost online visibility to get more traffic, leads, customers and opportunities. Denise writes on two marketing blogs, is a co-author of bestselling books “Success Secrets of Social Media Superstars” and “Trust Your Heart: Transform Your Ideas Into Income.” She frequently speaks at conferences about business blogging and how to gain expert status through social marketing. She has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, Newsday, Canada’s National Post, FastCompany Online, as well as many other online and offline publications. Denise was recently featured in the documentary film, Women in Business 2.0.
Denise Wakeman says
Sydni, thanks for the opportunity to be part of your Take 10 series. Love how you demonstrated how you have repurposed your content. You are a great model to follow…blog on!
Sydni Craig-Hart says
I so enjoyed having you as a guest Denise (as always)! Thanks so much for generously sharing your expertise. 🙂
Toronto catering says
truly great points here, just thanks