In today’s episode I’m featuring a simple tip you can implement TODAY to help you close more sales and increase your profits. Check it out!
Organization is the key to more clients!
Did you know that when you fail to follow up with a client, you’re leaving money on the table? Developing an organized and focused system for following up with leads and clients is the most surefire way to grow your business.
Stop leaving money on the table! In this week’s “Take 10” I spoke with Certified Professional Organizer Joshua Zerkel. As founder of Customized Living Solutions, he’s an expert at developing system that small business owners can use to increase their profits.
In this training episode, he offered some great tips for developing a system for tracking and following up with clients. When you apply these steps, you’ll enroll more clients, increase your confidence and feel more in control of your business.
Here are the highlights from today’s Smart Simple Marketing “Take 10” with Joshua Zerkel:
- You have to stay organized with your marketing efforts. Or you may find yourself just throwing “stuff” against the wall and seeing what sticks.
- The more organized you are the better your results will be, the less you time you’ll spend, and the less overwhelmed you’ll be.
- One easy way to make more money in your business is to follow-up on the leads you get.
- If you create a system for keeping track of your leads, you’ll increase your confidence and feel more in control of your business.
- As you getting leads from the marketing strategies you implement, make sure you don’t leave money on the table. Capture those leads and follow-up regularly (ideally weekly) to offer them a solution that they are looking for.
- The one must have tool that EVERY entrepreneur needs is a contact management system. It can be as simple as a piece of paper or a “fancy” online system with a lot of features and capabilities. The point is to have an easy to centralize all of your business contacts.
- Set aside a specific time each week to follow-up with leads
- Decide what type of contact management system you want to use. Here are a few options to consider:
- A card system
- An Excel spreadsheet
- Sales Force
- 1ShoppingCart (also known as NetOfficeToolbox)
Joshua Zerkel is a Certified Professional Organizer® and the founder of Custom Living Solutions, the San Francisco Bay Area’s top-rated productivity and organizing consultancy. A former graphic, web, and interface designer, Josh now puts his creativity to work by helping home office workers, entrepreneurs, solo service professionals and small businesses find easy ways to get control of their paper, space, information, time, technology and workflow so they can reduce stress and boost their productivity – and their profits. Josh has been featured on CBS News, ABC News, the San Francisco Chronicle and Examiner, Organize Magazine, Online Organizing, and many others, and is a regular blogger for Franklin Covey and The Neat Company.