A smart, simple way to engage ideal prospects is to leverage email marketing.
There are so many great reasons, not limited to the fact that:
- Most everyone has an email address.
- You can schedule your messages in advance.
- You can personalize your messages and really use the content to develop strong relationships with your readers.
- According to MarketingSherpa, 70% of your leads will end up buying something from you or one of your competitors, but they won’t do it right away!
Companies that build relationships with their prospects over time have the greatest success in turning leads into customers because they stay top-of-mind until the consumer is ready to buy.
Your goal with marketing your solutions via email is to develop the “know, like and trust” factor with each reader on your list. You do this by regularly sending them targeted, relevant, and valuable messages that position you as THE problem solver they are looking for. Thus, when the reader is ready to purchase the solutions you offer, YOU will be the first person they turn to.
Here’s how to start communicating with clients via email to increase your income:
- Getting started – In order to build your list, you need to create a compelling reason for people to give you their name and email address. Create something to give away for free – like a welcome kit or a free report. Once they are on your list, decide on a schedule for how often you will contact your list via email and stick to it (ie: a bi-weekly or weekly email newsletter). Also, have a benefit/result focused auto-responder series for your opt-in that includes a specific call to action with each email. This will build your relationship with your list.
- Build your list – Promote your freebie EVERYWHERE! Be sure to include in your email signature, when you’re speaking to other people, on the back of your business card, via social media and on your blog at EVERY opportunity. The more that you promote it, the bigger your list will grow.
- Get technical help – When you build an email marketing list, you’re going to need a program to help manage your leads and send out messages. I love iContact, as it’s feature rich, competitively priced and they have great customer service. Many of my colleagues use aWeber. If you are starting from scratch and want an all-in-one solution to also sell products and services, I highly recommend NetOfficeToolbox. I’ve been using their services for years and love it.
- Sending out messages – When you write email messages, ONLY stick to topics that are of interest to your audience. Provide specific solutions to specific problems. Use bulleted lists and action steps. You can also interview industry experts, do a book review, product review, service review – the options are endless! Also, be sure you write as if you’re writing to just ONE person, not a group. If you are stuck on what to write about, survey your audience using a tool like SurveyMonkey. They’ll tell you exactly what they want to know.
Building an email marketing list is one of the most profitable strategies you can implement to grow your business. With these tips, you can start developing a better relationship with your audience and develop the “know, like and trust” factor that is essential to closing the sale.
What questions do you have on how to use email marketing in your business? Post your thoughts below!
YOUR “TAKE ACTION” PLAN FOR THIS WEEK
- Find an email marketing solution that works for you. Look into iContact, aWeber or NetOfficeToolbox.
- Create your freebie. Be sure that it’s a compelling offer that people will be willing to give up their email address and name for.
- Promote your freebie everywhere you can. Add it to your signature file, your social media profiles and your blog.
- Create a list of topics that will be interesting to your audience and conduct a survey if you run out of ideas.
- Select a delivery schedule and stick to it! Consistency is key in building trust and credibility.