Some small business owners are hesitant to use email marketing consistently because they don’t want to “bother” or “annoy” their audience.
Have you ever felt that way?
If so, you’ll be glad to know that a simple change in perspective will help you overcome that obstacle and put you on the path to sending communications that create value and generate sales.
Notice I said, “create value.”
Think about this:
- Have you ever made a purchase because of an email a company sent you?
- Have you ever been interested in purchasing a product or service but got distracted and forgot about it, and then purchased at the last minute because of a reminder message you received?
- Have you ever made a purchase because a friend or family member sent you a special offer they received and thought it was a great deal for you?
In situations like these, do you find the email you received bothersome? Or annoying?
Or did you find it valuable?
I imagine your answer is the latter.
Here is the key.
Email marketing isn’t about sending ransom messages to people who don’t want to hear from you. It’s about staying in touch with prospects, potential customers and existing customers and continuing to create value for them by doing one of the following:
- Extending an offer they were looking for
- Solving a problem
- Answering a question
So the key to success is planning in advance what you’re going to say, who you’re going to send your message to and when. When you take the time, even just a few minutes, to map out your communications, you can then send the right message to the right person at the right time.
That is the trifecta of email marketing. And that’s how you get results – meaning more leads, more sales and more revenue.
To be clear, creating your email marketing plan does NOT require a marketing degree, too many hours and pages of notes. Who has time for all that? Not you. You have a business to run.
Using the free tools we have available for you this week, you can create your email marketing plan for the next 12 months in just 15 focused minutes. (Focused means no checking email, social media, text messages, etc. You’ll simply focus on the task in front of you.)
We’ve provided you with:
- A list of special dates for 2016 – this will help you brainstorm themes and ideas for your campaigns that tie in with your products and services
- A fill-in-the blank template – To provide you with a written document to organize your thoughts and keep track of your campaigns
Planning your campaigns in advance:
- Decreases your stress
- Ensures you stay in touch consistently
- Allows you to showcase the value of all of your products and services
- Prevents you from sending the wrong message to the wrong person at the time
- Gives you an opportunity to generate sales and referrals
Download your templates now and take just 15 minutes to plan your campaigns. Your bank account will thank you.