Looking for a simple, inexpensive and HIGHLY effective way to capture the attention of your next ideal client?
Do you struggle to convey the value of what you have to offer and wish you could “just show them (your target market) how it works?”
Then, you need to implement video into your marketing mix.
Understand, I’m NOT talking about:
- You’re having to get dolled up for the camera (though that’s fine if want to)
- Having to spend thousands of dollars on video equipment
- Spending hours of your time trying to learn some fancy software
Video marketing can be as simple as 1-2-3!
But before I show you those steps, and in case you need more convincing as to why you should start using video to grow your business, check out these amazing statistics:
- Of the 80% of Internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some action after viewing the ad. (Source: Video Brewery)
- Video equals higher viewer retention; the information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video attracts 2-3x as many monthly visitors, doubles time on site, and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
Clearly, there is a LOT of revenue potential waiting for you if you leverage video marketing correctly.
Mind you, when I first started thinking about creating videos for our business, I was seriously intimidated by it and kept putting it off. However, more and more I saw the value in sharing tips, resources and strategies with my audience through video and I could no longer ignore it.
Here’s how I got started:
- I decided what I wanted to teach in my videos. Just like any other form of content marketing the focus of your video needs to be “what’s in it for me” – that is what each viewer watching your video will be thinking. You only have a few seconds to capture their attention, so choose topics that are compelling, solution focused and very specific. You might start by creating a list of the top 10 questions your clients ask when they start working with you. Each of those questions can become the basis of a video.
- Remember how I said you don’t have to get dolled up for the camera? One of the easiest ways to create videos is to create a few presentation slides (using PowerPoint or Keynote) and talk over them. You can see how I created a video just like this using one of my favorite FREE tools – Screenr!
- I promoted my video extensively! Not only does the video live on Screenr, it lives on YouTube, I promoted it on Facebook, on Twitter, LinkedIn and a few other video sites. I also promoted it in my email newsletter and on my blog. We also continue to promote the video using a plugin for our website that re-posts content from my blog on Twitter.
As you can see, getting started with video is as easy as 1-2-3! You can model this formula exactly and you don’t even have to show your face!
Sharing your expertise, practical tips and resources via video will position you as a thought leader and naturally attract more pre-qualified leads to your website. Dive in and get started! What topics come to mind right now that would be a good basis for your videos? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment on the blog!