You’ve heard me say it before. Marketing is simply a matter of sharing solutions with people who are already looking for them. So, the point of your marketing message is to encourage your prospective clients to take the next step with you: hire you to help them solve their problems.
But if you aren’t clear on that step or don’t outline exactly what they should do to get that help, then you’re leaving your prospects hanging and leaving money on the table. If you want your marketing messages to have an impact, you need to carefully consider what you’d like them to do next, spell it out for them exactly, and make it easy for them to do so.
Here are three keys to help you create more successful results from your marketing messages.
- Only highlight ONE specific action. Even if you have several different ways that you work with clients, each marketing message should focus on ONE specific action that you want prospects to take. If you give them too many options, they spend too much time trying to figure out which one to take, versus whether or not to say Yes or No to you as their problem solver. Remember, a confused mind always says no. Do you want them to call you? Fill out a form? Download a free resource? Give a specific direction in order to get a specific answer. Highlight the fact that taking that ONE action is the first step to reaching their goals.
- Make it easy for them to take the next step. Automating the process as much as possible will help your prospect quickly and easily take that step with you. For example, if you want them to get in touch with you for a free consultation, create an online form that they can fill out instead of requesting that they email you directly. Use a scheduling tool such as Acuity, Calendly, TimeTrade, or GenBook so they can easily book an appointment with you. Accept credit cards so that submitting their payment is quick and easy. The easier you can make the process, the more likely they are to take the action.
- Connect the action to a benefit they REALLY want. Make it crystal clear what’s in it for them. Asking your prospect to “get in touch” isn’t enough. You have to let them know why they would want to get in touch. Will they earn more money? Save time? Experience more happiness? Get organized? Think about the end result for your client and emphasize that benefit through your marketing message and the ONE specific action they need to take.
When you follow these three keys, you’ll be able to enroll more ideal prospects quickly and easily. Stop leaving money on the table! Get your prospects to take the next step with you by focusing on one step, making it easy, and connecting with the benefit for them.
YOUR ACTION PLAN FOR THIS WEEK:
- Decide on one specific step that you want your prospects to take per marketing message. For example, you may distribute an article to promote a new program and determine you want the reader to contact you to receive a free consultation.
- Make it easy for your audience to take the next step. Automate the process as much as you can by setting up a form or simple process to obtain their information.
- In your marketing messages, be sure you’re emphasizing the benefit for your prospect. Think about your next step from their point of view. What is in it for them?